For the Developer
- The latest developer tools are automatically installed during OS installation. These include:
- Sun Studio 12 C, C++ and Fortran compilers and NEW D-Light, a GUI DTrace tool that simplifies using DTrace
- NEW Glade 3 replaces Glade 2 for development of user interfaces for the GTK+ toolkit and GNOME desktop environment
- NEW Desktop Notification facility provides notification support through libnotify and a notification daemon on Solaris. This mechanism allows applications to notify users of some asynchronous event.
- NEW GNOME DevHelp, an application that enables you to browse and search GNOME API documentations. It works natively with gtk-doc.
- PostgreSQL 8.2.4 With DTrace probes, and integrated with the Solaris Service Manager, Kerberos 5 support. PostgreSQL 8.1.8 is also included.
- Bcc 0.16.17, real mode x86 compiler NEW
- Flex 2.5.33, lexical analyser tool for generating programs that perform pattern-matching on text. UPDATED
- GNU Bison 2.3, general-purpose parser generator UPDATED
- GNU make 3.81, tool which controls the generation of executables and other non-source files of a program from the program's source files. UPDATED
- Tcl 8.4.14, dynamic programming language suitable for rapid development, cross-platform GUI's and flexible integration UPDATED
- Tk 8.4.14, Tk the standard GUI for Tcl, as well as other dynamic languages. UPDATED
- Solaris (Solaris Express Community Edition build 70b) UPDATED
- NEW Solaris Installer- 3 clicks minimum to upgrade, 6 screens for full install. Automatic provisioning for the use of Solaris Live Upgrade if Solaris is given at least 20GB of disk.
Solaris Desktop Major Components
- GNOME 2.18 UPDATED
- Thunderbird 2.0 UPDATED
- Disk Usage Analyzer UPDATED
- Name is
baobab. Contains new ring chart view.
- Nmap 4.20, Network Mapper NEW
- A utility for network exploration or security auditing.