PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source relational database system with more than 15 years of active development. Its SQL implementation strongly conforms to the ANSI-SQL 92/99 standards.
Sun has included PostgreSQL in Solaris 10 since the 6/06 release. Sun provides an 18-page "PostgreSQL How To" guide in PDF and HTML.
Table of contents for the How To guide:
- PostgreSQL for Solaris: Overview
- Starting PostgreSQL for the First Time
- PostgreSQL Integration with Solaris Service Management Facility
- Configuring and Running PostgreSQL in Solaris Zones
- Installing PostgreSQL on Earlier Versions of Solaris 10
- Package File Locations
- Installing PostgreSQL for Solaris Packages
- Installing Solaris Patches
- Removing PostgreSQL for Solaris Packages
- For More Information
Binary downloads of PostgresSQL 8.2.3 are available from Blastwave.org.
"Overview of PostgreSQL in the OpenSolaris OS"
"EnterpriseDB to Provide PostgreSQL Support to Sun"
"Benchmark Result on Open Source GlassFish with Solaris OS"
Wikipedia entry, PostgreSQL