- Due to cooling requirements on the 1.95GHz UltraSPARC IV+ Uniboard, the Uniboard can only be half populated with memory (16 DIMMs maximum) for a total of 32 Gb
- A minimum firmware requirement of 5.20.4 is required to support the 1.95GHz UltraSPARC IV+ processors.
- Sun Fire servers with the UltraSPARC IV+ processors Solaris 9 9/05 or Solaris 10 3/05
- Solaris 8 OS is not supported with UltraSPARC IV+
- The 2900 has enough cooling to support 64GB per board with 1.95GHz CPUs
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Uniboard X-Options Available with 1.95GHz UltraSPARC IV+ Processors
Uniboard X-options with 1.95GHz UltraSPARC IV+ processors are now available for Sun Fire E4900, E6900, E20K and E25K servers. The UltraSPARC IV+ processor is a 64-bit processor that delivers over five times the throughput of UltraSPARC III technology and over two times increased throughput over UltraSPARC IV systems on commercial applications.